6JM 2019 - 2020
Welcome to 6JM's class page!
Hello, I'm Mrs Maddox and I am teaching Year 6 this year and leading mathematics with Mrs Furlong. This will be my fifth year working at Offley.
In my spare time I enjoy baking, reading, clubbercising (which the children love in PE lessons), exploring new places in the local area, going to music concerts and spending time with my friends and family.
- PE will be taught on a Monday afternoon (both indoor and outdoor); however, the children will need their kits in school at all times as this could sometimes change.
- The children will be taught by Mrs Bennion and Mrs Edwards on a Tuesday afternoon.
- Times table tests are on a Thursday.
- Spelling tests are on a Friday and the children will receive new spellings at this time too.
- Maths homework will be due in on Mondays and SPAG homework is due on Thursdays.
- As part of 'Free Friday' the children are encouraged to bring in a book, magazine or comic of their choice to read; this doesn't have to be their Accelerated Reading book.
Summer Term 2020
Welcome back to some of Mrs Maddock's class. It has been fantastic to have some of you back into our Y6 bubbles. Those of you at home, we all miss your smiley faces around school and we hope you are keeping yourself safe.
We all wish you a fantastic summer, so please make sure you keep yourself safe and enjoy your summer holidays, whatever it is that you get upto..
Free maths websites that can be accessed from home:
Active Maths - http://www.active-maths.co.uk/
Thinking Blocks (solve word problems using bar models) - https://www.mathplayground.com/thinkingblocks.html
Topmarks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Maths Zone - https://mathszone.co.uk/
Maths Drills (a range of topics) - https://www.math-drills.com/
Maths Sphere (free resources section) - http://www.mathsphere.co.uk/resources/MathSphereSampleWorksheets.htm
Maths Aids (worksheets) - https://www.math-aids.com/
I would like to remind you of the many platforms available for you to access at home with your child:
Remote learning – daily maths and English lessons will be put on here for your child to work through in line with where we are currently at in the curriculum
SPaG and Maths homework revision books
Read Theory – reading and comprehension activities
TT Rockstars (if you cannot remember your login details leave a message on the remote learning platform for me and I can let you know)
Priodgy – maths activities will be set on here
Remember to also keep yourselves active (Joe Wicks is putting on a live workout on YouTube catered especially for children at 9am each day Monday –Friday https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html) and make the most of your time at home by learning lots of new skills if you are able to, such as: cooking, baking, gardening, cleaning and sewing – the list is endless!
Science week 2020
Files to Download
6JM: News items
There are no News items to display
6JM: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
6JM: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
6JM: Events items
There are no Events items to display