Pre-School 2017 - 2018
Meet The Staff
Mr Morrison Miss Reed Mrs Clarke
Rubbish and Recycling
This week has been all about rubbish and recycling, with a little Royal Wedding thrown in. We have watched videos and discussed where rubbish goes once the bin men come and collect it. We know about the importance of recycling our rubbish and why we should recycle. This week we have been recycling all our rubbish by sorting it into 3 boxes; plastic, metal and card. The children have had to read the labels on the boxes and sort the rubbish into the right box. We have also learned about reusing old things and repurposing them so we don’t have to throw them away. We made musical instruments out of old milk bottles, filling them with all sort of things, pasta, rice, straws and card, to name but a few.
On top of being eco warriors we have been celebrating the upcoming Royal Wedding in Pre-School, as well as the Royal Lunch we have been learning about Prince Harry, Winsor Castle and the Queen. The children designed their own wedding dress for Meghan, and have been painting crowns. We have also had hairdressers in our role play so everyone can look their best on the day. On top of all this Miss Reed has been making wedding cakes with the children. They have had to ice their own cakes, putting icing or jam in the middle of the layers and make the top delicious with sprinkles and marshmallows. They look amazing.
Another fabulous week in Pre-School!
You will have noticed that our Pre-School outdoor area is changing. There are big changes afoot in both the Reception and Pre-School areas with zones changing places and equipment getting moved around. The EYFS team have grand plans and have been sourcing and ordering new equipment and resources to go into each area. Over the next few weeks and months you should notice each Foundation area becoming a more stimulating and exciting environment for your children to explore, play and learn in.
Why Outdoor Learning is important
Outdoor learning at Offley is vital because it:
- supports the development of healthy and active lifestyles;
- offers children opportunities for physical activity, freedom and movement;
- promotes a sense of confidence and well-being;
- provides opportunities for developing harmonious relationships with others, through negotiation, taking turns and cooperation;
- supports those children who learn best through activity or movement;
- provides safe and supervised opportunities for children to experience new challenges, assess risk and develop the skills to manage difficult situations;
- supports children’s developing creativity and problem-solving skills;
- provides rich opportunities for imagination, inventiveness and resourcefulness;
- gives children contact with the natural world and offers them unique experiences, such as direct contact with the weather and seasons.
We have been sourcing and buying new equipment for each area but we need your help. Below are some of the areas we hope to set up in our environment with a list of some of the stuff we need your help to source.
Can you help us find bricks, logs, sticks, plastic pipes, nuts and bolts, cable drums, sticks and stones?
Can you help us find pipes, tubes, pots, buckets, funnels, guttering, plastic bottles, washing up bowls?
Can you help us find gutters, spoons, pots and pans, cake tins, flip flops, drum sticks, metal trays.
Thank you very much for all your help. It may not seem like much but any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
See you all next week.
Files to Download
Pre-School: News items
There are no News items to display
Pre-School: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Pre-School: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Pre-School: Events items
There are no Events items to display