Here at Offley Primary School we believe in providing the best quality learning environment for our children to be active participants in society, responsible contributors to it and capable of achieving independence. We develop the knowledge and skills that our children will need to live in tomorrow's world.
JOY IN LEARNING - A FUN, CHALLENGING JOURNEY TO BE THE BEST WE CAN BE!
To help us to acheive this goal, we aim to plan our learning opportunities, not only to meet the objectives set out in the national curriculum, but also to promote the children's development in one or more of the areas below. These are known as the 'Offley Drivers'.
- Teamwork and Tolerance
- Developing Resilience
- Love of Learning
- Imagination and Critical Thinking
We want our school to be one:
- Where every child achieves the best they can in all areas.
- Where children are recognised for what they CAN do, not what they cannot do.
- Where teaching adapts to children’s different learning styles and abilities.
- Where people respect and value each other.
- Where creativity is nurtured and encouraged.
- Where children are self confident, independent and take responsibility.
- Where children participate in the life of the community.
- Where there is a spirit of interest and enquiry about the wider world and a desire to participate in it.
At Offley Primary School, where every child matters, you will witness:-
- The school community feeling safe and secure
- The achievement, enjoyment and celebration of success
- Children being equipped with the skills and capabilities to be life-long learners and achieve economic well-being
- Confident, well balanced children who are independent learners
- A place where everyone values diversity
At Offley Primary School we will provide every child with a safe and healthy environment where pupils develop positive attitudes to work and school and have a ‘joy in learning’ which provides the skills to be effective future citizens.
The school aims that all children:
- are literate and numerate
- are independent learners
- are confident, flexible and well-balanced
- value diversity
- understand their responsibility to others
- are self-disciplined
These are our aims at Offley Primary School:
- To provide for the development of the whole child in intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and creative terms.
- To foster a caring environment where sound attitudes to learning are nurtured, and where children will begin to understand themselves and something of the nature of their world.
- To provide first hand experiences in a rich, stimulating, secure and happy environment where children have the opportunity to develop skills to the best of their ability.
- To encourage self discipline, courtesy and consideration for others.
- To work in partnership with parents to establish a relationship on which the growth and development of each child is so dependant.
- To ensure that children leave Offley Primary School with memories to treasure.
If a parent requests a paper copy of the information on the schools website, the school will provide one free of charge.